07 May 2010

slaying the macaron

Okay for Mother's Day I thought it would be a good idea to make some chocolate macarons since my mum didn't want anything. I figured making them would be meaningful because I have zero kitchen experience so it would be a real effort for me. Below is how they are meant to look.


My first two batches were dry and cracked on the top, my third and fourth batches were dry and hollow inside, my fifth batch bubbled too much and flattened, and finally my sixth and seventh batches were smooth on the top, with the bubble 'foot' on the bottom but were quite flat. My icing turned out really well though! Bittersweet chocolate mmm...

But alas- the final product! It doesn't look that bad after all. That is what I'm convincing myself anyway.



follow opinionslave on instagram / bloglovin / google / twitter / facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment