17 July 2013

impromptu appearances.

On Monday I faced one of my biggest fears and went along to the RNA Showgrounds to film some promo material for this year's Brisbane Ekka - specifically for their social media competition #EkkaSelfie (pretty self explanatory I think). I spoke alongside Abby from B105's breakfast show and the RNA Social Media Manager, Michelle who were both lovely to work with. For anyone who truly knows me, knows that public speaking is one of my greatest fears - especially when I am in front of a camera crew + producer speaking impromptu as there was no script. Managing to put this aside though in between pacing around and telling myself to get a grip, we filmed a small section about the #EkkaSelfie competition plus gave tips on how you could enjoy the Ekka and how you could win prizes/cred/etc.
The one-off, special Ekka documentary will feature before Nine News on August 3 (unsure if it's only in Brisbane) so tune in and you probably might see my terrified face hehe...

But taking from this experience, I strongly believe that opportunities shouldn't be missed just because we may be fearful or nervous of the unknown. Just get.a.grip and do it, like I did (and I'm glad I did)! I actually haven't been to the Ekka since I was in Grade 3 or something so I am mega excited to be going this year! :D

Photos above are from my iPhone. 


follow opinionslave on instagram / bloglovin / google / twitter / facebook

8 comments:

  1. good for you facing your fear! seriously, kudos

    xx

    http://spoonfulofdiamonds.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SpoonfulOfDiamonds

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look super cute, hope the speaking went well! Good for you for facing your fear, that's a really cool thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD ON YOU!! Getting out of your comfort zone is one of the hardest yet GREATEST things you can ever do.
    Many opportunities are out there - you just need to have the courage to go get them!
    Hope to catch your appearance on TV :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I hate public speaking too! I am looking forward to the Ekka and the fashion parades this year too! Maybe I will see you there!

    www.bnestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look sooo pretttyyy!!

    www.moustachic.com
    www.moustachic.com
    www.moustachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look so lovely! I'll be looking out for your pretty face on tv now, how exciting! x

    frockled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so great that you were able to face your fears. Public speaking is not for the faint of heart that is for sure. The pictures look great. Good luck on all of your future endeavors.


    My homepage | Online PhD UK

    ReplyDelete