01 July 2014

mini photo diary: part i.

Nice, Cannes, St. Tropez & Monaco.

So I got back from my dream holiday on Saturday and I really don't know where to begin so I'll just split my holiday snaps into three parts - Paris, London and 'everywhere else'. This post is the 'everywhere else' obviously.
I've never travelled by myself so this was a new and eye-opening experience for me. Also I had never been to Dubai airport so that was kinda cool. Seeing people sleep everywhere and hearing one guy snore so loudly that passers by would raise an eyebrow was funny. It took me 45minutes just to get to my gate from where I arrived as I had to catch a train and I may/may not have been window shopping a bit at the designer duty free section :D

Once I arrived in Nice I was hit by a wall of heat and it was amazing. My lovely family friend came and picked me up and I was instantly in awe with the city. Well, we drove by their beaches and I found it so odd that people were lying on stones at the beach. I'm so used to Queensland's beautiful and soft beaches so that was just ultra weird to me. We eventually hit Cannes where the beaches now didn't have stones, but grainy sand, so that was okay. 
My family friends own a restaurant on the beach in Cannes and a beautiful apartment nearby so we just walked everywhere all the time. It's probably why I haven't come back the size of an elephant. Speaking of which, the food was amazing. The mini, light and fluffy donuts with apple filling at the boulangerie (bakery) were my favourite. I went all out and didn't think that anything was 'unhealthy' once. If you're on holidays, you're on holidays, which means dessert after every meal, carb loading all the time and an occasional soft drink when it's boiling hot on the beach.

I didn't spend much time in Nice besides driving through to get to the airport and Monaco. Monaco was amazing but unless you're super rich (not just rich, *super* rich), you're going to feel like a pleb. Lamborghini and Aston Martin's are the normal cars over there. Not to mention the expensive bars and cafes where a Coke is like 9Euros. Visiting the castle and seeing the guards change was really cool though.

The best part about my trip to Monaco actually wasn't Monaco. It was when we stopped on the way at a village named Eze and had the most amazing lunch of my life at the Chateau de la Chevre d'Or. We literally sat on the restaurant cliff face overlooking the Mediterranean Sea with 5-star dining. It was like I was on my honeymoon. I hadn't even walked into the vicinity yet and I was already stoked about the complimentary valet parking. Walking to the restaurant was the best bit though because you had to trek though a garden path with all sorts of cool benches, statues and ornaments to see. There was a gold lion for crying out loud. And of course dessert was amazing. I had what looked like half of a green apple, but really it was a deconstructed apple crumble with a biscuit base, vanilla creme & apple bits inside, then a thin layer of green apple jelly for the novelty flavour. Amazing. Oh and did I mention that I could see the top of Bono from U2's mansion from the restaurant?

Chilling at my friend's restaurant in Cannes was amazing too as I was there during the Cannes Lions festival which is for advertising/marketing peeps (aka me!). I spent most of my time at Google's beach set up, hence the random photos of me making lego at one of their stations. I got to listen to some cool guest speakers as well and tried on Google Glasses! They are so trippy btw! I went to a few parties too which were so fun. I met so many lovely people from all over the world and looking back this really makes me happy. 

Apart from being at the restaurant, the shopping was really cool. The street behind the beach were all the luxury stores you could think of, then one street behind that was Zara, Laduree, Sephora, BCBGMaxazria, etc. The best part though is that the sun only disappeared at 10:30pm which meant ample time for exploring, window shopping, wining, dining and gelato-ing!

My last stop before I left back home was St.Tropez. To be honest, there's not really much there. It's only famous because some celebrities go there on their yachts. There's just one main road with heaps of restaurants, what I called 'yacht city' directly in front, other smaller shops and cute crepe places behind these restaurants and then a few amazing designer stores. Eg. Chanel was its own mansion which had a pool at the back and the Dior store was also a house/mansion with a 'Dior Cafe' in the main courtyard. Lunacy. Driving into St.Tropez felt much like Noosa actually with all the little resorts and holiday houses. 

I'm really going to miss being in Cannes with my second family. It was an amazing trip and they spoilt me to death. I feel so lucky to have experienced all that I did.. part 2 and 3 coming soon :) Thanks for reading my 'dear diary' style post haha x

All photos taken by me.


follow opinionslave on instagram / bloglovin / google / twitter / facebook

11 comments:

  1. wonderful pictures!!! was there four years ago and i've enjoyed it so much as you did.
    kisses and happy july!
    Maren Anita

    FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! What an amazing and big photo diary!? I've fell in love with Cannes just by looking at these photos and reading your post :)

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. your trip looks insane, i love france ! The cote d'azur is an amazing place, so luxurious and hot
    Lauren x
    Britton Loves | Fashion Lifestyle + Photography - www.brittonloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I was in Cannes last summer, it's truely beautiful there. And your photos got me a trip down memory lane :)


    xx
    http://teenjakosan.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely diaryyy babe!

    WWW.MOUSTACHIC.COM
    WWW.MOUSTACHIC.COM
    WWW.MOUSTACHIC.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful photos! love your blog♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. everything looks like so much fun ! love the dolphin shorts

    xx

    http://spoonfulofdiamonds.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SpoonfulOfDiamonds

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! so jealous. it looks like a wonderful trip ahh so nice. xx

    yecrad.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG you're so lucky! I wish I had the cash to travel around by myself. :P That was such a dreamy holiday. Can't wait to see the second and third part!
    Xx

    http://firdamelia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete