11 December 2015

in 8 weeks.

This is where I have been for the last 10 weeks. I promised I would put up a before/after photo didn't I?

The 3rd of December is when I finished my first 8-week health challenge.

I've always been a firm believer in enjoying life in moderation so I've never dieted before or listened to any health fad. Since starting a sedentary job 4 years ago, I had put on a bit of weight, but was still deemed as a 'healthy' person and often called 'skinny' by my peers. I did this challenge not for aesthetics, but to see if I had the determination and diligence to make change, and after 8 weeks of exercising every single day (never mornings though hehe), pumping weights to build strength and calorie counting, this is the result. 

I now weigh the same as I did back at uni 5 years ago (only less 2.6kg), but I have decreased my body fat percentage by nearly 30%. The nutritional facts I've learnt about food have been invaluable and I will always think twice before feeding my face, as everyone should.

The support I've had throughout my journey has been great. You know who you are. I'm by no means a fitness freak. I still enjoy every treat under the sun, but everything in moderation!

Sorry for semi-neglecting this blog over the past month, but now you know why! But not only because of the health challenge... it is party season and I have probably been home a maximum of 3 nights per week for the past month #firstworldproblems. Don't get me wrong, they have been mostly work functions! Work hard, play hard!
 


follow opinionslave on instagram / bloglovin / google / twitter / facebook

2 comments:

  1. You look amazing dear! Fingers crossed for you and your next challenges! :)
    Simimaus

    ReplyDelete